South Mitten Labradoodles Health Guarantee
Two Year Health Guarantee
The Breeder warrants the puppy to be in good health, up-to-date on immunizations appropriate for the puppy’s age, and has had appropriate deworming at the time Buyer takes possession, and has been treated from parasites as of the time of sale. Breeder warrants that the sire and dam's hips and/or elbows have been evaluated by either The University of Pennsylvania Hip Improvement Program (PennHIP) or the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). The eyes of all sires and dams have been examined by a veterinary ophthalmologist and certified to be free from inherited eye disorders. In the event of emergence of any genetic disorder during the first two years, that is severe in nature or that will significantly decrease the quality of life or longevity of the dog, as diagnosed by two qualified veterinarians, one of whom is selected by Breeder, the breeder agrees to one of the following:
• Replace the dog with one of equivalent quality from the first litter bred by the Breeder; OR
• Refund veterinary expenses up to 100% of the original purchase price.
If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within 24 months of its date of purchase, an autopsy must be performed at the purchaser’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or state licensed DVM acceptable to the Seller’s veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a
congenital defect as the reason of death, the Seller will provide another puppy of equal or greater value to the purchaser. A written statement from the veterinarian must be provided on This warranty is void in the event of an indeterminable or inconclusive diagnosis.
Health Guarantee: South Mitten Australian Labradoodles gives a 2 year health guarantee against life inhibiting genetic defects.
It is important to us to produce puppies free of health defects for a long, full and disease-free life. We thoroughly test all of our breeding dogs prior to breeding. You can find information about the health testing of each of our dogs on their particular page. Please feel free to ask to see copies of any of our parents' health testing records. Make sure your Australian Labradoodle puppy is actually from health-tested parents. We do everything in our power and above and beyond to ensure that you receive a happy, well-adjusted, healthy puppy. However, parasites such as Giardia, Coccidia, and/or other ailments such as ear infections and other bacterial/viral infections are not uncommon no matter how clean and well-kept, because puppies have immature immune systems that are easily stressed and can even be contracted during or after transfer. They are easily treated with appropriate medication from a vet, and therefore cannot be compensated or guaranteed. We advise keeping your puppy on Nuvet vitamins and Life’s Abundance pet food to help with the stress of transitioning to a new home.
1. From the date of birth against all serious life altering genetic disease or Hip Dysplasia. The Breeder reserves the right to have a second opinion by a licensed veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
2. The Purchaser must submit both X-Ray and accompanying report of OFA, BVA or Penn Hip. The dog must be showing physical symptoms on a regular basis and shall not have been overweight at any time during the guarantee period.
3. Purchaser must be able to provide Breeder with up to date veterinary and treatment records. Breeder reserves the right to review all medical/treatment records with a licensed veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
4. In the event that the dog is affected by a serious life altering genetic disease including Hip Dysplasia, Breeder will either replace the dog, or refund the Purchaser up to the cost of the dog for medical treatment (Breeder’s choice).
5. Under no circumstances shall the Breeder be liable for any consequential, incidental, or special damages resulting from negligence and environmental factors.
6. This warranty does not cover skin/food/environmental allergies. We have no control of the area your pup may be in, food you choose to feed your pup, or the environmental factors that may trigger allergies. Allergies in dogs (like people) can develop at any time.
7. This warranty does not cover cosmetic teeth/bite issues such as an under-bite or base narrow canines. These are recessive genes that are common to our breed and cannot be tested for prior to breeding.
8. This warranty applies only to the original buyer. Upon transfer of ownership of the dog, warranty becomes null and void.
9. Breeder agrees to accept return of dog at any time during the life of the dog for any reason. Purchaser agrees never to relinquish dog to a shelter and to contact Breeder immediately in the event that the dog needs to be re-homed.
10. Our return/rehome policy is as follows...
-In the event that the Purchaser needs to immediately rehome dog, Purchaser agrees to ship or deliver puppy to Breeder at Purchaser’s expense.
-In the event that rehoming the dog is not an emergency situation, Purchaser agrees to keep the dog until the Breeder can find a new home for the dog. This is a much better situation for the dog, so that it only needs to make one transition.
Three Day General Health Guarantee
1. At the time of delivery, the Breeder guarantees your new puppy is in good health, and has received age appropriate vaccinations as well as worming. Your puppy will have received care by a licensed veterinarian. Purchaser will be provided with all medical/vaccination records of puppy while puppy was in the care of Breeder.
2. From the time of arrival of puppy, Purchaser must take the puppy into a licensed veterinarian for an initial health exam within 72 hours.
3. If within 72 hours the Purchaser’s veterinarian discovers a chronic or serious health problem with puppy, immediate proof of medical exam and diagnosis by the veterinarian is required. Breeder reserves the right to have a second opinion by a veterinarian of Breeder’s choice, at Breeder’s expense.
4. If puppy is found to have poor health (documented by 2 licensed veterinarians) within 72 hours, Breeder may either replace puppy from the next available similar litter (with shipping at Purchaser’s expense), or refund the purchase price of said puppy (Breeder’s discretion). Puppy must be returned (at Purchaser’s expense) immediately. If Purchaser chooses to keep puppy diagnosed with poor health within 72 hours, Breeder will reimburse for veterinary costs related to pre-existing condition up to the purchase price of puppy.Veterinary costs will be paid directly to Purchaser’s licensed Veterinarian.
5. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to provide due care, and not expose unprotected puppy whose vaccines have not yet taken effect to contagious situations. This health guarantee becomes null and void if Purchaser has not taken the puppy into a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving puppy.
Ownership Responsibilities: Purchaser agrees to maintain the dog in a humane environment and properly train and care for it. Specifically, the dog will be properly licensed and inoculated against rabies, distemper, parvovirus, and other communicable diseases such as is recommended by a qualified veterinarian. The dog will receive proper and customary veterinary care. The dog will not be allowed to roam and will be socialized and obedience-trained appropriately. The dog will not be allowed to become obese. Refunds will not be issued after the 72 hour time frame should Purchaser decided that a temperament is undesirable, as environment and lack of proper training, socialization, and the like on Purchaser’s part can promote negative behaviors and undesirable traits.
To View our Full Contract/Health Warranty click here.
Fill out the puppy application here for your first step!
It is important to us to produce puppies of the utmost health. Make sure your Australian Labradoodle puppy is from health-tested parents and lineage.