1. Fill out Application
If interested in one of our puppies, your first step is to fill out our puppy application. This form will help us to get to know your family and your specific wishes/timeline. It will also put you on the list to start receiving updates on current and upcoming litters. Please read through our website and then fill out the application form even if you ONLY have questions.
2. Application Approval/Reservation & Waiting List
Once we receive your application, we will review it. Depending on the length of our current waitlist and what we have available, we will either place you on our "to contact" waitlist for when we have more information/availability, or if we have availability soon, we may personally email or call you so we may further discuss information and/or so you can place your reservation fee . Please look around our site, as there is lots of information about the breed and our process. If our current reservation list is full, we begin placing applicants on our waiting list for the timeframe you desire (in case anything changes with current reservations or an upcoming litter.) Once we have a litter, we will contact those that have already placed a reservation fee to see if the timing/litter works and your reservation fee can be applied to that particular litter. Our litters book quickly so it is a good idea to get on our waiting list if you are seriously considering one of our puppies. If a breeding has occurred and the current reservation list your were hoping for is full, those deposits are transferable or refundable should there not be enough puppies in your selected litter.
3. Place Reservation fee
Once your application is approved, you can place your non-refundable reservation/consultation fee of $500 to reserve your puppy. We are unable to hold a puppy or a reservation spot without a reservation fee and just being on our waitlist does not guarantee you a puppy. Please note that reservation fees are non-refundable, however they are transferable to another pairing. (deposit is always refundable if any unseen circumstance occurs per Mother Nature. ) We will contact you to arrange payment via check, Venmo, cashier's check, or Paypal (incurs 3% a fee).
4. You are now on our reservation list for availability for a future Litter of your choice!
Please do not inquire on which puppies are available from your litter before 7 weeks, as all selection takes place between 7-8 weeks of age for both breeder selection(s), and deposit order. Notification. If you are reserving a puppy before the breeding occurs, we will contact you with an approximate due date once the breeding is complete. We will also notify you as soon as the puppies are born so that you can take part in their journey and 8 week transformation! You can also follow us on Instagram or Facebook to find litter updates.
- Reservation/consultation fee may be moved to another litter if you do not like the available choices, but do expire after three litters unless we are unable to provide you with a puppy. If we are unable to provide you with a puppy due to any unforeseen circumstances on our end, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Price & Payment: All companion puppies are priced at $3,000. We occasionally may have an older puppy for sale that has been through some basic potty and behavioral training, as well as additional age-appropriate vaccinations priced slightly higher.
* Final payment due after puppy 6- 7 weeks.
5. Puppy Visits We love meeting our puppy families and want you to come meet the puppies, but to keep our puppies healthy and avoid the risk of deadly illnesses we must wait. We DO allow our families with reservation fees to come visit the puppies on scheduled days once the puppies are 6-7 weeks of age. Young puppies have very weak immune systems and can contract illnesses very easily. We strive to provide a healthy environment to our puppies and moms, and this includes limiting visitors until they are a bit older. We will post photo updates on our Facebook page as well as photo email updates. We will ask you to follow a visitation protocol (directions will be send via email) and appreciate your understanding. We look forward to meeting you at our visit!
6. Puppy Selections: Between 6-7 weeks of age, we will arrange a specific date with families to select their puppy either by visiting us here at South Mitten or via Zoom or FaceTime. You can also follow photo updates on our Facebook or Instagram page. This allows our families to interact with the puppies and with myself, to ensure a proper fit. We understand this is not always possible, so we can also send photos and videos of the pups to help you make your selection. We will assist each family in selecting your new puppy from your top 3 choices should all 3 be available. Breeder reserves the right to first/second pick of litter for potential future breeders, and then top choices goes in order of deposits received, with our assistance. First deposit=first pick, 6th deposit=6th pick, etc.
7. Puppy Pick-Up Day! At 8 weeks of age, the puppies will join their “forever” homes. We offer lifetime support and are always available via phone or email. We are happy to walk our families through the first few days/weeks to ensure a seamless transition for both human and canine, as well as ongoing support as your puppy goes through life.
Our puppies are generally reserved quickly. We look forward to helping you add a puppy to your family when you are ready!
Click below to read more about what is included with the price of your puppy!
Health Guarantee: Please read our health guarantee/contract. There is a great deal of important information included in our health guarantee and we ask that all families read it over thoroughly before placing a deposit. All of our breeding dogs are extensively health tested to the high standards of the labradoodle clubs and associations we belong to.
Guardian Program: If you live about an hour from South Mitten Labradoodles you may apply for our guardian program. More info about our guardian program can be found on our South Mitten Australian Labradoodle Guardian Home Program page.
Please note that South Mitten Labradoodles has the right to refund the reservation fee and deny placement if we feel any situation is not the best fit for the puppy. South Mitten Labradoodles reserves the right to the first and second pick of litter for our breeding program. Puppies are sold as pets only and are either desexed before leaving us or sold on a strict spay/neuter contract.
Click here to see available puppies!
Interested? Fill this form out first!
Carefully-selected Guardian homes could have a puppy at a fraction of the cost !